WKU Forensics Team competes in tournaments at Ball State
|Author: WKU Forensics|
Date: Monday, October 16th, 2017
The WKU Forensics Team traveled to Muncie, Indiana, to compete in two tournaments co-hosted by Ball State University and Illinois State University the weekend of Oct. 14-15.
At the Ball State portion, WKU’s squad placed second in team sweepstakes. Other competing schools included Eastern Michigan University, the University of Texas and Austin, and Bradley University.
Next weekend the team will split to compete at both the University of Central Missouri, in Warrensburg, Missouri, and William Carey University, in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Results from the 48th annual “Ball State ‘Age of Aquarius’ Swing Tournament, with Illinois State” are as follows:
- Claire Champagne, a sophomore from Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, tournament champion in prose interpretation at the Illinois State tournament; second in prose interpretation at the Ball State tournament.
- Michael Rizzo, a senior from Weston, Florida, tournament champion in informative speaking at the Illinois State tournament; second in informative speaking and fourth in after-dinner speaking at the Ball State tournament.
- Asha Wasuge, a senior from Irvine, California, tournament champion in after-dinner speaking and fourth in poetry interpretation at the Ball State tournament.
- Emma Warnecke, a freshman from West Bloomfield, Michigan, second in persuasive speaking and third in poetry interpretation at the Illinois State tournament; third in persuasive speaking at the Ball State tournament.
- Quest Broussard, a freshman from Delcambre, Louisiana, second in programmed oral interpretation at the Ball State tournament; second in programmed oral interpretation at the Illinois State tournament.
- Zakkiyah Sanders, a freshman from Apple Valley, Minnesota, third in prose interpretation at the Ball State tournament.
- Megan Armstrong, a senior from Morehead, fourth in informative speaking and fifth in extemporaneous speaking at the Ball State tournament; fourth in informative speaking at the Illinois State tournament.
- Faith LoPiccolo, a sophomore from Lexington, fourth in dramatic interpretation and seventh in communication analysis at the Ball State tournament; fourth in after-dinner speaking.
- Tayland Ratliff, a freshman from Youngsville, Louisiana, fifth in dramatic interpretation at the Ball State tournament.
- Alyssa Wilhelm, a sophomore from Roseville, Minnesota, fifth in prose interpretation at the Illinois State tournament.
Contact: Ganer Newman, (270) 745-6340
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
History will be made on Nov. 29 when WKU will get its first chapter of SALUTE, a national honor society for student veterans. Seven charter members will be inducted into SALUTE at 5 p.m. in the Veterans Resource Center, 410 Tate Page Hall.
Three alumni from WKU’s Department of Geography and Geology who work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) have been assigned to Puerto Rico to assist in post-hurricane recovery efforts.
The Department of Student Financial Assistance will be closed from Wednesday, Nov. 22nd through Friday, Nov. 25th. The office will reopen on Monday, Nov. 27th.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,