9 retiring members thanked for service to WKU Alumni Association Board
|Author: WKU Alumni Association|
Date: Tuesday, July 25th, 2017
|Return to Archive|
Photo caption: Retiring members of the WKU Alumni Association National Board of Directors (Left to Right: W. Abe Music, Keith J. Williams, Julie A. Harris Hinson, Scott Crutcher, Ashley Mitchell, Daniel J. Watterson Jr., Kathleen Overton and Elizabeth Y. Downing.
The WKU Alumni Association recently thanked nine volunteers who are retiring from the WKU Alumni Association National Board of Directors after their term of office.
The following members were named Emeriti Members of the Board in appreciation for their service and were recognized at a special dinner on July 21.
- Scott Crutcher of Bowling Green, a 1994 alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as Senior Biopharmaceutical Representative for Amgen. During his time on the Board, Crutcher was a member of the Executive, Finance and the Membership and Business Development committees.
- Elizabeth Y. Downing of Bowling Green, a 1982 alumna and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is Founder and Director of Outreach for Timesavers KY, LLC. During her tenure, she served on both the Finance Committee and the Alumni Achievement Task Force.
- Matthew Fuqua of Bowling Green, a 2008 alumnus and Annual Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as Vice President of Employee Benefits for Assured Partners. He represented the Young Alumni Council, which is composed of alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years. In addition, he was a member of the Programming Committee during his time on the Board.
- Julie A. Harris Hinson of Prospect, a 1990 alumna and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is President and CEO of Advanced Lifeline Services Inc. She is Immediate Past President of the Alumni Association Board and served as President in 2015-2016 and President-Elect in 2014-2015. During her tenure, Hinson was also a member of both the Executive and Membership and Business Development committees.
- Ashley Mitchell of Lexington, a 2009 and 2014 alumna and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as a Project Specialist for Graybar Electric. She was a member of the Executive and Programming committees and the Regional Programming Task Force during her time on the Board.
- W. Abe Music of Mount Juliet, Tennessee, a 2005 alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is an Engineering Technical Leader for Cloud and Virtualization at Cisco Systems Inc. During his time on the Board, Music was a member of the Young Alumni and Communications committees.
- Kathleen Overton of Bowling Green, a 1995 alumna and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is Owner of Bruckner Strategies, LLC and PrimAndBrim.com. She was a member of the Communications Committee and the WKU SPIRIT Magazine Editorial Committee during her time on the Board.
- Daniel J. Watterson Jr. of Bowling Green, a 1990 and 1992 alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, is Owner and Principal Consultant for 65 Consulting LLC. During his tenure, Watterson was a member of both the Programming Committee and the Regional Programming Task Force.
- Keith J. Williams of Bowling Green, a 1985 alumnus and Lifetime Member of the WKU Alumni Association, serves as Purchasing Agent for the Bowling Green Municipal Utilities. He was a member of both the Programming Committee and the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force during his time on the Board.
“Each of these Hilltoppers was faithful to volunteer his or her time to help lead the WKU Alumni Association and represent WKU as ambassadors,” said Dr. Anthony McAdoo, Executive Director of the WKU Alumni Association. “These individuals took time away from work and family to travel to Bowling Green to be a part of our meetings, and all of them represented the true embodiment of the WKU Spirit. We are grateful for their leadership and expertise, as well as the unique perspectives they brought to our Board as key advisors in our strategic areas of focus. We look forward to continuing our lifelong relationship with them as they take their place as Emerti Members of the Board of Directors.”
Contact: Anthony McAdoo, (270) 745-2586.
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
Mary Lloyd Moore, executive director of WKU’s Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex, has been appointed to the Advisory Council on Autism Spectrum Disorders by Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin.
Joel Pett, publitzer prize-winning editorial cartoonist will be speaking at the next Kentucky Live event on October 19.
Katherine Crider of Dawson Springs was crowned WKU’s 2017 Homecoming queen on Saturday (Oct. 14).
WKU recognized its top volunteers at the annual Summit Awards. Distinguished Service Medals to recognize the service of the University’s top volunteers were presented to Julie Harris Hinson, James G. Meyer and Linda S. Miller.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,