The Journal of NCAA Compliance Aligns with School of Kinesiology, Recreation and Sport to Create a Peer-Reviewed Component for Academic Experts
|Author: Amy Fitzpatrick|
Date: Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
BOWLING GREEN, Ky— Hackney Publications (www.hackneypublications.com) announced today that the Journal of NCAA Compliance (JONC), which delivers an in-depth look at news and trends in the NCAA compliance field, has strengthened its editorial product by aligning with Western Kentucky University’s School of Kinesioloy, Recreation and Sport (KRS) to create a peer-reviewed component for articles authored by academic experts.
The development is a natural extension for JONC, according to editor and publisher Holt Hackney.
“In the decade since it was founded, the Journal has always enjoyed a close relationship with the academic community,” said Hackney. JONC was initially launched with the help of Florida Coastal School of Law. Even after that relationship was dissolved, the publication leaned heavily on the expertise of the academic community for bylined articles. When the opportunity came up to work with Western Kentucky University’s School of KRS, Hackney could not pass up the opportunity.
“Western Kentucky University has a very strong recreation and sport administration graduate program, their Intercollegiate Athletic Administration graduate program emphasizes NCAA compliance issues” noted Hackney. “We are looking forward to working with the entire team, but especially Evie Oregon Ph.D, who is the coordinator of the Intercollegiate Athletic Administration online program in the School of Kinesiology, Recreation, & Sport. Dr. Oregon will serve as Academic Editor.”
Hackney added that JONC, which publishes six times a year, will feature at least one peer-reviewed article per issue. It will also continue to include bylined articles from practitioners, traditional multi-source articles from journalists, and interview feature with compliance directors.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity to partner with Hackney Publications,” stated Dr. Oregon. “ I think this is going to be a great opportunity for scholars to publish in a peer reviewed manuscript as the editorial board have years of academic and applied experience in dealing with compliance and Sport Law”
JONC is unique in that it can be made available electronically on a subscription basis to entire athletic departments, via IP Address. Subscribers not only can access the latest issue over their network, but view past issues and access the searchable archive.
The periodical is currently priced at $195 a year. Beginning in 2017, athletic departments and university libraries wanting IP address access will pay $275 a year. Those subscribers who want to receive the newsletter only as an email attachment can continue to receive the newsletter for $195 a year.
For more information on subscribing to the Journal, visit http://hackneypublications.com/journal/subscribe.php.
About Hackney Publications: Hackney Publications delivers valuable and important information about the legal side of the sports industry. Its overriding mission, through its publications, is to maintain a narrow editorial focus on issues that matter to its subscribers. In addition to Journal of NCAA Compliance, the company publishes Legal Issues in Collegiate Athletics, Legal Issues in High School Athletics, Professional Sports and the Law, Sports Litigation Alert, and Concussion Litigation Reporter. Hackney Publications was founded by journalist Holt Hackney, who has spent more than 30 years writing about sports, business and the law.
About Western Kentucky University’s School of KRS: The vision of the School of Kinesiology, Recreation, & Sport is to offer premier academic programs and to be acknowledged for innovative teaching, research, and creative & professional service activities related to improving wellness and overall quality of life in a global society. The School of KRS’s mission is to provide high quality educational experiences and engagement opportunities for future professionals seeking knowledge in disciplines related to human movement, leisure services, and sport management.
- All Categories
- March 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS October 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2012 E-Newsletter
- April 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS November 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2012 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2013 E-Newsletter
- JUNE 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS May/June 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2013 E-Newsletter
- Archived CHHS News
- CHHS October 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2013 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2014 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2015 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2015 E-Newsletter
- December 2015 ICYMI
- January 2016 ICYMI
- MAY 2016 ICYMI
- February 2016 ICYMI
- CHHS July 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS December 2016 E-Newsletter
- CHHS January 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS February 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS March 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS April 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS October 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS November 2017 E-Newsletter
- CHHS September 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS August 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS July 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS June 2011 E-Newsletter
- CHHS May 2011 E-Newsletter
- All Categories
- Academic Outreach
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Online Learning
- Summer Sessions
- Winter Term
- Career & Workforce Development
- Lifelong Learning
- Society for Lifelong Learning
- WKU On Demand
- Study Away
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning
- Cohort Programs
- Dual Credit
- Training Resources & Event Planning Services
Western Kentucky University’s College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) will honor the opening of their first student-applied research center, the WKU Center for Environmental and Workplace Health (CEWH).
Loup Langton receives the honor of serving as Turner Professor in Journalism at WKU.
Over the past two years, faculty in the WKU English Department have been creatively rethinking the English curricula to ensure that our programs serve 21st-century English majors well.
WKU’s Forensics Team divided into three groups and traveled to Lebanon, Illinois; Normal, Illinois; and Jefferson City, Tennessee, to compete in six tournaments Nov. 11-12.
Students, faculty, and staff from the Center for Human GeoEnvironmental Studies (CHNGES) and Department of Geography & Geology recently attended national conferences in Arkansas and Washington state.
A bronze statue of longtime WKU supporter and Kentucky State Rep. Jody Richards of Bowling Green was unveiled on WKU’s main campus Monday (Nov. 6) in Jody Richards Hall.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,