WKU Forensics Team wins Bowling Green State University tournament
- WKU Forensics
- Wednesday, October 20th, 2021
The WKU Forensics Team took first place in sweepstakes at The Cyber Falcon, a virtual tournament hosted by Bowling Green State University on Oct. 17.
WKU placed ahead of Casper College, the University of Alabama, Eastern Michigan University, and the University of Texas-Dallas.
The team will compete next at the 2nd Online Asynchronous Tournament Series.
Results from The Cyber Falcon
- After Dinner Speaking: Racheal Akinbayo of Houston, Texas, 1st; Tanya Prabhakar of Danville, California, 2nd; Shainna Ralston of Eldorado, Illinois, 2nd; Mauricio Patino of Stockton, California, 5th.
- Communication Analysis: Kellin Robinson of Roseville, Minnesota, 1st.
- Dramatic Interpretation: Collin Tuerk of Morehead, Kentucky, 1st; Samantha Sallee of Danville, Kentucky, 6th; Kellin Robinson, 7th.
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Madelynn Einhorn of Oakwood, Ohio, 1st.
- Impromptu Speaking: Madelynn Einhorn, 5th.
- Informative Speaking: Caitlyn Woitena of Houston, Texas, 3rd.
- Program Oral Interpretation: Imanii Giles of Hodgenville, Kentucky, 3rd; Danielle Williams of Goodlettsville, Tennessee, 5th.
- Prose: Paige Albright of Youngsville, Louisiana, 1st; Mauricio Patino, 2nd; Dakota Perry of Morehead, Kentucky, 5th.
Contact: Ganer Newman, (270) 745-6340.
-- WKU –
Western Kentucky University prides itself on positioning its students, faculty and staff for long term success. As a student-centered, applied research university, WKU helps students expand on classroom learning by integrating education with real-world applications in the communities we serve. Our hilltop campus is located in Bowling Green, Kentucky, which was recently named by Reader’s Digest as one of the nicest towns in America, just an hour’s drive from Nashville, Tennessee.