Message from Executive Vice President Howarth - Campus Information from the SOF Division
- Susan Howarth
- Friday, March 12th, 2021
Dear WKU Faculty and Staff,
As we begin the second half of the spring semester, I want to thank everyone for their continued excellence in educating and providing services to our students while maintaining a safe environment.
- Human Resources
- As the COVID-19 vaccination rollout continues, WKU employees are encouraged to become vaccinated to further assist in moving our campus and community toward a more normal status. Employees will be excused from work for up to 4 hours for this purpose. Please work with your supervisor when planning for your vaccination.
- Because of the continued disruption and uncertainty in the lingering COVID environment for employees to take traditional vacations and vacation leave, employees who accrue vacation may carry over up to 200 hours rather than the typical 150 as of July 1, 2021 (hours in excess of 200 will be converted to sick leave). As of January 1, 2022, vacation leave balances will be limited to 150 hours with excess hours converted to sick leave.
- The Employee Benefits Eligibility Policy (HR Policy 4.6002) has been revised for additional clarification and compliance purposes. The revised policy will be available on the WKU Policies website.
- Working with the Faculty and Staff Senates, a new policy has been developed to guide campus notification procedures in the event of death of an actively employed faculty or staff member. The procedures are intended to reflect the employee’s role on campus and to appropriately inform the campus community in general. The policy will be posted on the WKU Policies website.
- Business Services
- If you order promotional items, WKU has several approved vendors for promotional items. The list of approved vendors can be found here.
- If you have questions, please contact Brittney Green 745-4252 prior to contacting vendors.
Please continue appropriate safety practices concerning COVID-19. Conditions are improving and we want to avoid any backward slide. You can refer to Healthy on the Hill for current information.
Thank you for your efforts!
Executive Vice President
Strategy, Operations and Finance
Western Kentucky University