Global Learning Forum adds 'Around the World in Quarantine Days' podcast
- Global Learning & International Affairs
- Thursday, March 4th, 2021
Global Learning & International Affairs (GLIA) is excited to share a recent addition to the Global Learning Forum: Around the World in Quarantine Days podcast series.
WKU Honors students in a World Regional Geography course were inspired to host a podcast series of interviews with international travelers from the WKU community. These students wanted to bring faraway places of the world to campus. The regions included are Oceania, North Africa, Southwest Asia, East Asia, Russia, Sub-Saharan Africa, South America and Europe. The podcast recordings can be found at https://www.wku.edu/international/glf/geo-podcast.php. Two podcasts have been released to date with five more to be released this semester.
Other upcoming events from the Global Learning Forum are:
- COVID-19: What the USA can learn from Africa | March 8 at noon – The African Student Association in collaboration with Dr. Grace Lartey from the Department of Public Health and Dr. Godfred Takyi from the University of Ghana will discuss Public Health on the African continent, focusing on the management of COVID-19.
- Window to the World | March 15 at 5 p.m. -- This series gives WKU international students an opportunity to showcase and celebrate their culture through presentations and conversations. This session will feature students from the Bahamas, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Nigeria, Colombia and Spain. Join us on a journey across the world as we open a Window to the World.
- Trade-offs: Impact and Sustainability in Study Abroad | March 22 at 5 p.m. -- Deliberative Dialogue is a guided discussion on pressing social issues impacting our community. This session will highlight research conducted by WKU student Maddie Petty on the carbon footprint of studying abroad pre and post COVID-19. We invite you to an open, multi-dimensional, and honest conversation about the environmental impact of study abroad.
- Ask the Expert - Global and Local Sustainability Discussion | April 7 at noon -- Please join John Sunnygard, WKU GLIA Associate Provost; Leslie North, WKU Director of Sustainability; and Edward Huijbens, Wageningen University & Research (WUR) Professor and Chair of Geography in the Netherlands, as they discuss climate change, sustainable practices, and the impacts of global travel.
- Reverse Immigration: The Africa We Want | April 12 at 5 p.m. – Join Christian Koko, WKU graduate student from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, as he and others from the African Student Association discuss Reverse Immigration and how it effects the African continent.
To see the full calendar of events and register for event updates, visit https://www.wku.edu/international/glf/.
If you have ideas for future events and want to be part of the GLF series in the Fall 2021 semester, contact Diana Howard, (270) 745-4857 or firstname.lastname@example.org