Winter Weather Communications Plan
- WKU News
- Tuesday, February 9th, 2021
With winter weather in the forecast this week, here’s a reminder that WKU provides a number of ways you can find out if classes are delayed, canceled or if a campus is closed.
Schedule changes will be announced through emergency text message, campuswide emails, on the WKU website and social media, and through a recorded phone message. Students, faculty and staff should keep safety in mind when making travel decisions and the university will work with students who can’t come to campus for weather-related reasons.
- Text messages: Students, faculty and staff who have a cell number on file in TopNet will receive a text message announcing changes. Students, faculty and staff can confirm enrollment in the emergency text system through TopNet.
- Online: Information will be posted on the WKU homepage, WKU News page, WKU Facebook page and @wku and @wkunews Twitter pages.
- Email: WKU students, faculty and staff also will receive email about any schedule changes.
- Phone: If you can’t get to a computer, the WKU Information line (270-936-0000) will have the latest information recorded.
- News media: In addition, WKU will notify WBKO-TV and WKYU-FM in Bowling Green. Other media outlets may post the information as well, but the fastest, most reliable information will come from WKU.
Contact: Communications & Marketing, (270) 745-4295