WKU Forensics Team wins virtual tourney hosted by Northern Iowa
- WKU Forensics
- Monday, October 26th, 2020
The WKU Forensics Team placed first in sweepstakes at the Mid-Atlantic Forensics League (MAFL) 2 virtual tournament hosted by the University of Northern Iowa the weekend of Oct. 24-25. The team also placed second with a smaller group in the second half of the swing called the Mid-Atlantic Forensics League #3.
At MAFL 2, WKU placed ahead of Bradley University, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, Cornell University and the University of Texas at Austin.
The team will compete the next weekend at an online tournament hosted by the College of Wooster.
Results from MAFL 2 are as follows:
- After Dinner Speaking: Kelly Lingen of Lakeville, Minnesota, fourth; Joey Eberle of Maple Grove, Minnesota, fifth.
- Communication Analysis: Rahmane Dixon of Houston, Texas, fourth.
- Dramatic Interpretation: Caitlyn Woitena of Houston, Texas, first; Rahmane Dixon, second; Reese Johnson of Burnsville, Minnesota, third; Samantha Sallee of Danville, sixth.
- Duo Interpretation: Corey Newsome of Morehead and Paige Allbright of Youngsville, Louisiana, first.
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Rahmane Dixon, first; Tess Welch of Houston, Texas, third; Ben Hanson of Louisville, fourth; Isaac Keller or Kansas City, Missouri, fifth.
- Impromptu Speaking: Tess Welch, third; Isaac Keller, sixth.
- Informative Speaking: Kelly Lingen, third; Amanda Langford of Goodlettsville, Tennessee, fourth.
- Persuasive Speaking: Amanda Langford, third.
- Poetry Interpretation: Derek Collins of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, second; Stefani Giles of Hodgenville, fifth.
- Program Oral Interpretation: Ryan Gosling of West Palm Beach, Florida, first; Kelly Lingen, second; Paige Allbright, third.
- Prose Interpretation: Caitlyn Woitena, first; Paige Allbright, third, Rashon Leday of Lafayette, Louisiana, fifth; Kelly Lingen, sixth.
Results from MAFL 3 are as follows:
- Communication Analysis: Rahmane Dixon, second.
- Dramatic Interpretation: Reese Johnson, first; Caitlyn Woitena, second; Rahmane Dixon, third; Samantha Sallee, sixth.
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Rahmane Dixon, third.
- Poetry Interpretation: Derek Collins, first.
- Program Oral Interpretation: Paige Allbright, first.
- Prose Interpretation: Caitlyn Woitena, fourth; Paige Allbright, fifth.
Contact: Ganer Newman, (270) 745-6340