Topper Transit Changes
- Author: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020
In an effort to increase public safety and social distancing during the current pandemic, Parking and Transportation Services will be making significant adjustments to Topper Transit services for the Fall 2020 semester. The implementation of these public safety measures will help reduce exposure risks to COVID19 for both passengers and drivers on transit vehicles. These measures include:
- New bus routes prioritize getting students to campus rather than circulating students on campus. Once on campus, students may ride a bike or walk to class.
- The busiest bus stops on Normal and State Streets will be closed during the week: Gary Ransdell Hall, Helm Library, ES&T, College High Hall (COHH), Grise Hall, and Jody Richards Hall.
- Plexiglas shields have been installed in the driver’s cockpit and chains will keep passengers 6 feet away from the driver.
- Passengers will be required to wear masks and will load and unload from the rear door.
- Markers will be on-board vehicles to assist with social distancing.
- All transit buses will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each day.
Transit routes will be adjusted to reduce passenger loads and support social distancing. The Topper Transit Fall 2020 changes are as follows:
- College Heights Route
- South Campus to Main Campus transit service Monday – Thursday 7:15AM – 9:00PM and Friday 7:15AM to 6:00PM.
- The route will serve Campus Evolution Villages, Parking Structure 3, Parking Structure 1, The Valley residents, Cherry Hall, DSU, and Keen Hall.
- WKU Spirit Route
- Parking Structure 3 to Main Campus transit service Monday – Thursday 7:15AM – 9:15PM and Friday 7:15AM – 6:00PM.
- The route will serve Russellville Road West Lot, Jones Jaggers, University Blvd. Lot, Chestnut Street, Park Street Lot, Cherry Hall, The Valley, Kentucky Street, and The Columns area.
- Shopping Shuttle
- The Shopping Shuttle will operate on Saturdays from 4:00PM – 8:30PM.
- The shuttle will operate its normal route with service to College High Hall, Grise Hall, and Jody Richards Hall bus stops on Saturdays.
- Topper Taxi (Evening On Demand Service on Main and South Campus)
- TopperTaxi will operate Sundays 6PM – 11PM, Monday – Thursday 9PM – 11PM, and Fridays 6PM – 9PM
- To request a ride with TopperTaxi, use the TapRide app and log-in using your NetID and password.