COVID-19 or Coronavirus Update
- Friday, March 6th, 2020
As we approach spring break, I wanted to pass along another update about COVID-19 or coronavirus.
Officials on Thursday identified a case near Nashville in Williamson County, Tennessee. This brings the virus close to home and underscores the necessity of the work in which we’ve been engaged for several weeks. We will continue to build on the work contained in our Emergency Operations Plan to prepare for what we hope will not need.
Our first line of defense remains in preventing the disease’s spread. We can’t overstate these precautions, including:
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Stay home if you feel sick;
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
For those of you traveling during spring break, be aware of your surroundings. Check sites such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the latest information concerning your destination.
We want everyone back on the Hill safe and healthy and ready for a strong finish to the spring semester.
Cheryl L. Stevens