2020 Staff Excellence Awards
- Monday, February 10th, 2020
Each year, WKU recognizes staff members who demonstrate outstanding and meritorious service with Staff Excellence Awards.
Nomination for Staff Excellence Awards is now open!
Staff Excellence Award Nominations are invited for those individuals whose character, conduct and actions amplify the WKU Spirit:
- Service above and beyond the call of duty
- Respect, cooperation, courtesy and fairness to others
- Heroism, safety and concern for the well-being of others
- Embody an innovative, creative and a solution-oriented approach to work
- Positive contributions to the University’s missions and communities we serve
Who is Eligible?: All full-time, non-faculty staff who have been employed at WKU for two consecutive years or more, and all part-time, non-faculty staff who have worked a minimum of twenty six weeks in each of the past two years are eligible for nomination. Members of the President’s Cabinet, Staff Senate, and those who have received the award within the past five years are not eligible.
Nominate: Any WKU faculty or staff member may submit nominations for each of the award categories listed below by completing the Staff Excellence Award Nomination form at https://intranet.wku.edu/php/prod/staffaward/nominate/ by close of business on Friday, February 28th, 2020.
Award categories include:
- Administrative Support (Examples: clerical, secretarial, and office support employees)
- Professional, Non-Faculty
- Skilled/Technical/Service/Maintenance (Examples: maintenance techs, electricians, lab techs, police, campus services etc.)
Individual award winners receive a cash prize and will be formally recognized at an Employee Excellence Experience event in April!