Parking and Transit Updates for New Year
- Author: Monday, August 26th, 2019
We hope you had a great summer! We have made a few changes and introduced new services for you this year. See below for details.
- All student lots are designated for a specific permit. Make sure to display your new 2019-2020 permits and park in your zone.
- For Faculty, Staff and Commuters who come to campus occasionally, the ParkMobile Reservation system allows customers to find and reserve available parking by date and location using https://wku.pmreserve.com/. A PM Reserve permit is available as an alternative to an annual permit.
- Download the Park Smarter app as a convenient way to pay for metered parking AND in the PFT Lot while parking is available this semester. For more information on Park Smarter, see www.parksmarter.com.
- Carpool? Reserved parking for carpools at Creason Bus Stop. Minimum two passengers and current WKU Commuter permit required.
- Topper Transit routes have been realigned in an effort to better serve students’ needs.
- The Hilltopper Route replaces the White Line and serves South Campus to Kentucky Street weekdays. The route also travels to Kroger weeknights from 6 – 9PM.
- The Big Red Route replaces the Red Line and serves Russellville Rd to Chestnut St weekdays. The route also travels to Walmart weeknights from 6PM – 9PM.
- The Green Line Shopping Shuttle, which travels to Campbell Lane retail destinations, only runs on Saturdays from 4PM – 8PM.
- On Demand Campus Van Service – Available to students, faculty and staff
- Curb to curb ADA service is available Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Requires registration with Parking and Transportation Services.
- Evening service open to all after full transit service ends. Hours of operation are Sundays from 6PM – 11PM, and Monday – Thursday from 9PM – 11PM
- Download and use the free TapRide app to request a ride. For more information on TapRide, visit www.tapridemobile.com.
Transit service and parking zone enforcement resumes Monday, August 26th. For more information, visit www.wku.edu/transportation.