Proposed Changes Announced by Office of Head Start
- T/TAS at WKU
- Tuesday, August 13th, 2019
On Tuesday, August 13, 2019, the Office of Head Start (OHS) made available the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes two changes under the Designation Renewal System (DRS):
1. CLASS: For the CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System: Pre-K) condition, OHS proposes to remove the lowest ten percent (10%) criterion and set more rigorous minimum thresholds across all three domains that grantees must meet in order to avoid competition.
2. FISCAL: For the fiscal condition, OHS proposes to add a second criterion that would consider additional findings from annual audits.
A grantee would be required to compete for continued funding if they meet either criterion.
The full announcement is available here.
Action Date: Submit either electronic or written comments by September 27, 2019.
Contact: Colleen Rathgeb, Office of Head Start, Planning, Oversight, and Policy Division Director, (202) 358-3263; OHS_NPRM@acf.hhs.gov. Deaf and hearing impaired individuals may call the Federal Dual Party Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
T/TAS at WKU encourages you to:
- Read the full announcement from the Office of Head Start here (https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2019-08-13/html/2019-17024.htm)
- Submit either electronic or written comments via the methods outlined in the announcement link above. Comments MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 27, 2019.
J. Christopher Watkins, Executive Director
Training & Technical Assistance Services (T/TAS)
Western Kentucky University