WKU Received the Exercise is Medicine on Campus ((EIM-OC) Gold Standard Award
- Thursday, July 19th, 2018
WKU received the Exercise is Medicine on Campus ((EIM-OC) Gold Standard Award again for 2018 at this year’s national meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine in Minneapolis, MN. This is a joint effort from faculty/staff and students in Exercise Science and across WKU’s campus! https://twitter.com/WKUEXS/status/1012731052996136960
Exercise is Medicine® on Campus (EIM-OC) is a program calling upon universities and colleges to engage in the promotion of physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription.