Call for Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Proposals
- Monday, January 24th, 2022
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students:
In 2025, Western Kentucky University will submit its 10-year documentation for reaffirmation of regional accreditation to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Part of the reaffirmation process is the development of a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) which, “reflects and affirms a commitment to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue that the institution considers important to improving student learning outcomes and/or student success.”
I invite all WKU students, faculty, and staff to submit ideas in proposal form for the University's next QEP. Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com no later than March 15, 2023. All proposals will be reviewed by a committee consisting of representatives from the campus community.
Specifically, the QEP should align with the University's Strategic Plan and:
- address an enhancement of student learning or the environment supporting student learning,
- include 2-3 measurable goals/objectives with methods for assessing outcomes and the level of success of the program, and
- include opportunities for collaboration across campus.
Submitted proposals should:
- be limited to three pages in length,
- include a 5-year timeline, and
- propose a budget.
Examples of QEP proposal summaries are available on the SACSCOC website (https://sacscoc.org/quality-enhancement-plans/). If you have any questions, please contact the Provost's Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert "Bud" Fischer
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs