Several events coming up April 21-23 at WKU
- Author: WKU News
- Author: Monday, April 17th, 2017
Several events are coming up this weekend (April 21-23) at WKU.
Southern Kentucky Book Fest: The 19th SOKY Book Fest will be held at the Knicely Conference Center with the Kentucky Writers Conference, Children’s Day and Teen Writers Conference from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and the Book Fest from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Featured authors include Tim Crothers, David Grann and R.L. Stine, well-known for his Goosebumps series. For information, visit www.sokybookfest.org or contact Sara Volpi at (270) 745-4502.
Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society Quilt Registry: The Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society will hold a quilt registry from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Kentucky Museum to register quilts made in Kentucky during the period from 1800 to 1960. For information, visit www.wku.edu/kentuckymuseum/quiltregistry/ or contact Sandy Staebell at (270) 745-6260.
LifeSkills Run for Autism: The 10th annual LifeSkills Run for Autism will begin at 7:50 a.m. at the Bowling Green Ballpark. The event will include a 4 Mile Run, a 1 Mile Kid's Run and a 1 Mile Fun Walk. The route includes a portion of the WKU campus. For information, visit www.wku.edu/wkucec/lifeskillsrunforautism.php or contact Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex at (270) 745-4232.
Kentucky Science Olympiad: About 700 middle and high school students will participate in the annual state tournament that begins at 7 a.m. at Thompson Complex Central Wing, Snell Hall and other locations. For information, visit www.wku.edu/scienceolympiad/ or contact Ogden College of Science and Engineering at (270) 745-4449.
WKU Spring Football Game: WKU Football will wrap up spring practice with the annual Red vs. White game at 3 p.m. Saturday at Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium. Admission and parking are free. For information, visit www.wkusports.com or contact Athletic Communications at (270) 745-4298.
Cultural Enhancement Series: The 2016-17 season wraps up with a presentation by author David Sedaris at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Van Meter Hall. Free admission. For information, visit www.wku.edu/culturalenhancement/ or contact Potter College of Arts & Letters at (270) 745-4375.
More weekend events
Other events this weekend include the following:
- South Central Kentucky 4-H Horse Camp, Friday-Sunday at L.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center
- WKU Bands concert, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Van Meter Hall
- WKU Baseball vs. Rice, Friday-Sunday at Nick Denes Field
- Topper Orientation Program for Fall 2017, 7:30 a.m. Saturday at Downing Student Union
- Anthropologists & Sociologists of Kentucky Annual Meeting, 8 a.m. Saturday at Honors College/International Center
- Gatton Academy Preview Day, 8 a.m. Saturday at Grise Hall Auditorium
- WKU Softball vs. Southern Miss, Sunday-Monday at WKU Softball Complex
- March for Science Bowling Green, 1 p.m. Saturday at Thompson Complex Central Wing
- Korean Drumming Workshop, 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Pioneer Log Cabin
- WKU Choirs concert, 3 p.m. Sunday at Van Meter Hall
- Greek Week 2017’s Spring Sing, 5 p.m. Sunday at Diddle Arena