Credit by Exam: CLEP Test
The CLEP examinations may be taken each month at any national testing center, including the testing center at WKU. Information about CLEP may be obtained by accessing on-line information at www.collegeboard.com or by contacting the DELO Testing Centers, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101, (270) 745-5122. The following code number should be used to have scores sent to WKU: CLEP-1901.
If you are applying to WKU, you should have your scores sent to the Office of Admissions. If you are currently enrolled at WKU, you should request your scores be sent to the Office of the Registrar. The appropriate office will then notify you if you qualify for academic credit.
- A student who has completed a course or has received credit by examination at WKU or at another accredited college or university may not receive credit for a CLEP examination of similar content.
- A student may not take a CLEP examination for credit after having taken a college course at a higher level in the same department (subject matter area).
- A student may establish credit in all courses or areas in which he/she is able to demonstrate proficiency, provided he/she meets the University’s residence requirements for graduation. The credit earned will not count toward WKU residence.
- A student who fails to earn credit on a CLEP examination may not repeat the same examination within three months of the initial testing date.
- A student may not repeat by proficiency testing a course which has been previously taken or failed at WKU or another accredited institution.
Understanding your CLEP Score (Spanish)