- Program Options
- Full-time Option
- Online Option
- Professional Option
- Admission Requirements
- Application Information
- Foundational Modules
- Discount Tuition
- Sustainability Certificate
- Core Competencies Certificate
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MBA Office Staff
- Professional MBA Faculty
- Full-Time MBA Faculty
- Online MBA Faculty
- Contact Information
WKU MBA Online Option
Many people cannot commit to a degree program where each class is 16 weeks one night a week for 2-3 hours for years. If taking courses in a time-bound and place-bound program will not fit your busy lifestyle the WKU Online MBA may be for you. We find that there are also many students who learn best online. Our Online MBA program is a top online program.
The WKU Online MBA allows you to study part-time and/or full-time. Earn can your degree in as little as 18 months or take up to 5 years.
The Online MBA, like all WKU MBAs, is comprised of 10 3-credit hour core MBA classes. Classes are 100% online. Currently 2 of these 10 courses include exams that are proctored. We have a service that coordinates with you to arrange a time and place near you for those exams.
All Online MBA classes are bi-term – about 7 weeks. There are 2 bi-terms in a traditional semester. Our bi-term courses are designed using "adult learning theory." Learners can focus upon one class at a time and then move on to the next course. Many students take one course each bi-term (the equivalent of 2 classes per traditional semester).
NOTE: Students who have more time to devote to education may take two, rather than one, course in a bi-term.
Sometimes a student wants to take a short break from classes. Our MBA Advisor will work out a schedule for you which will meet your graduation goals. Most of our classes are only offered once every 12-18 months, so you need to work with our Advisor so you will know if taking a break will delay your graduation. In a recent exit exam used nationally our Online MBA students scored in the 10% in the nation for learning.
- Balance your education, home, and work like while advancing career possibilities.
- It is your decision: study part-time or full-time.
- Earn an MBA in as few as 18 months or as long as 5 years.
- Certification in Business Sustainability is also available.
- Courses are each 8-weeks in length (bi-term).
U.S. News ranked WKU #3 for undergraduate online programs based on WKU's superior student services and technology; faculty credentials; and student engagement. U.S. News also ranked GFCB's Online MBA a top program. We build on WKU's highly ranked services and technology to provide you with an AACSB-accredited world-class faculty teaching a cutting-edge curriculum.
- WKU's Distance Learning online tuition is the same for all students - regardless of location.
- There is no "out-of-state" rate.
- Tuition and Online fees: $2,357 per course (fall 2016).
- GetEducated.com rates our Online MBA as a "Best Buy."
- Peterson's College Guide lists WKU's Online MBA program in it's Top 10.
- Nonprofit Colleges Online gives WKU's Online MBA a "Students Before Profits" award.
Don't Have an Undergraduate Business Degree? No Problem!
Our innovative, 4.5 credit-hour, on-demand "MBA Foundation Modules" fully prepare you for the 10 MBA courses. On-demand modules allow you to work at your own pace preparing you for core courses in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, and Management.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- GMAT Score of 500
- Written GMAT of 3.5
- GAP Exception: You may be considered if you have a GAP score of 1100 (GMAT + (GPA x 200))
- Applicants who have earned an undergraduate degree in business from an AACSB accredited university with a GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale are not required to take the GMAT.
Visit the WKU MBA admission requirements page for details about what you need to be accepted into the WKU MBA program.
Applying for the Graduate School at WKU is a quick and simple process. Visit the WKU MBA application page to find out how.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,