1716 Certificate in Data Analysis Using SAS®
The Certificate in Data Analysis using SAS® (Ref. #1716) requires a minimum of 15 semester hours. This certificate is designed for a student seeking a career as a statistical programmer / analyst / consultant in a knowledge-based industry or in a research institution.
To be eligible for the program, the student must have completed MATH 136 or MATH 142 (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better. The certificate requirements are as follows:
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of core statistics courses: STAT 301, 330, 401, 402.
- At least 3 credit hours of courses using SAS®, selected from the following:
- Any 300-level or higher STAT course using SAS®, other than STAT 301, 330, 401, and 402;
- MATH 498 (Undergraduate Senior Project) – Students are required to provide an electronic copy of their paper to the Statistics Education Committee of the Department of Mathematics to verify the use of SAS® software;
- Any 300-level or higher course using SAS® in another department, with prior approval from the Statistics Education Committee of the Department of Mathematics.
A student is permitted to transfer a maximum of six semester hours toward a certificate program. Only undergraduate courses may be used to fulfill undergraduate certificate program requirements.