Social Media Ambassador Program
Social Media Ambassador Program
The Western Kentucky University Social Media Ambassador Program brings together actively-engaged
students to share the WKU experience via university social media channels. Through
this applied learning experience, the student team will support WKU’s digital marketing
goals as well as increase their knowledge of social media marketing strategy, content
development, and storytelling.
What is a Social Media Ambassador?
Social Media Ambassadors are current students who are passionate about WKU, span a wide variety of academic focuses and interests, and are adept at social media.
In this role, you will...
- Brainstorm ideas for social media content for multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Coordinate a social media content calendar with the other members of the Social Media Ambassador team and University Marketing staff.
- Contact departments and individuals across campus for information.
- Take a hands-on role in creating content, such as writing captions, taking pictures, and filming short videos.
- Learn the basics of social media management.
- Analyze the impact of posts on individual social media platforms and share those findings with a group.
What is the time commitment?
- There will be weekly group meetings to discuss content and report on assignments.
- You will need to have 1-2 hours available a week to work on social media assignments.
- Some assignments may involve attendance at university events.
How do I know if I'm qualified?
As an ideal candidate, you will…
- Maintain a personal presence on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and/or Twitter.
- Maintain professional behavior and language while posting on university accounts
- Be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student living on or off campus.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Possess proven and potential leadership qualities.
- Be able to communicate well as part of a team.
- Have knowledge about campus services and facilities.
- Be enthusiastic about sharing Hilltopper Pride with others.
- Be able to attend weekly meetings.
- Commit to contributing to social media assignments 1-2 hours a week.
- Agree to follow all Healthy on the Hill Guidelines during social media assignments.
Why do I want to be involved?
There are many benefits for Social Media Ambassadors. In this role, you will have the opportunity to...
- Build resume experience that can be shared with employers.
- Experience hands-on social media strategy and platforms in a professional capacity.
- Develop and enhance your professional skills in marketing, public relations, writing, public speaking, and leadership.
- Network with WKU faculty, staff, and alumni.
- Attend university events for free.
- Receive a letter of recommendation from WKU University Marketing Staff with positive performance.
- Receive free WKU gear.
I want to apply!
Applications are currently closed. Please check back soon for Fall 2021 applications.
Have additional questions?
Email email@example.com to arrange a Zoom session, phone call, or text message conversation with University
Students will be selected based on their availability and interest in multiple areas of campus life. Areas include, but are not limited to, health and wellness, academics (lectures, speakers’ series, workshops), sports (attendance at athletic events), cultural enhancement, student organizations, residence life, Panhellenic sororities, IFC fraternities, NPHC sororities, NPHC fraternities, and other student populations such as commuters, adult learners, minority students, international students, and LGBTQIA+ students.
Applications for the Spring 2021 semester are closed. Please check back soon for Fall