For information about WKU's institutional Marketing, visit Marketing & Communications.
Minor in Sales
WKU is proud to offer a Minor in Sales as a potential degree offering, making it one of the few business schools in the United States offering this degree! The minor in sales (Code 452) is a wonderful complement for students majoring in a different field, but interested in the profession of sales. We currently have approximately two dozen different majors taking our minor in sales. A combination of our sales minor with a variety of fields to include all other business majors, advertising, communication, PR, health care and hospitality services, engineering, fashion retailing or many others will provide a student with very strong career options.
Major Code 452
(18 required credits; 6 credits must be unduplicated)
Required courses: (12 Credits)
- COMM 263 - Fundamentals of Communication & Culture
- MKT 220 - Basic Marketing
- MKT 325 - Personal Selling
- MKT 425 - Advanced Personal Selling
Elective courses: (3 Credits)
Pick one course from:
- COMM 345 - Advanced Public Speaking
- PSY 350 - Social Psychology
Marketing elective: (3 Credits)
Pick any one course from:
- MKT 323 - Services Marketing
- MKT 424 - Sales Management
- MKT 427 - Entrepreneurial Marketing
- MKT 329 - Business-to-Business Marketing
- Or any marketing elective approved by the department head.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,