(270) 745-6107 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (270) 745-6107 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
About the Law Information
The majority of the collection contains statutes, regulations, and court decisions. Click here for a list of legal materials in the Law Collection, along with their citation abbreviations. The collection also includes legal encyclopedias, dictionaries, and a limited number of subject treatises and loose-leaf services.
Law Information Service Hours
Although the Law Information is accessible all hours the library is open, reference service for the Law Collection is available Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.; Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until midnight; Saturdays from 4:30 until midnight; and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Seek assistance in the offices, Helm Library rooms 1, 3, 4, 13, or 15. Assistance is also available in the reference center, Helm 1st floor. An appointment for reference assistance or research instruction may be made by contacting the Government Information & Law Coordinator.
Due to the regular and heavy use of the Law Collection, law materials cannot be checked out. They may be removed from the Law Collection to other parts of the library for photocopying, however.
The Law Collection
A variety of serial materials is maintained in the Law Collection. A list of materials is available. Law materials maintained as reference sources may be located by conducting a an online catalog search.
Internet Full Text Documents
- Kentucky Court Information, including stream of oral arguments
- Legislative Histories of Selected U.S. Laws on the Internet maintained by the Law Librarians' Society of Washington, D.C.
Who's Who in the Law Collection
- Debbie Lamastus, KY Government Information & Law Specialist
- Rosemary Meszaros, Professor, Coordinator of Government Documents & Law
- Dewayne Stovall, Government Information & Law Specialist
- Michael Vincent, Late-Night Governmental/Law Assistant