Kentucky Museum News
Kentucky Museum hiring Student Docents
- Tiffany Isselhardt
- Friday, April 21st, 2023
The Kentucky Museum is hiring Student Docents for the Summer and Fall 2023 terms. Docents assist museum visitors and lead guided tours as a vital part of the museum's guest services team.
Summer docents will work between May 10 and August 19, 2023.
Fall docents will start the week of August 21, 2023 and work through December 9, 2023.
Those who demonstrate success in the role and are able to continue may be invited to return for subsequent semesters.
All applicants should be able to work under the following conditions:
- The Kentucky Museum is open Wednesday through Saturday from 9 am - 4 pm.
- Docent hours will vary Wednesday through Friday plus rotating Saturdays. Approximately 26 hours per week at $10 an hour.
- The position requires students to memorize scripts, interact with guests, help with tours, provide gallery security, and more.
- Applicants should be an outstanding student, have good communication skills, and ability to work with people.
- Students will also work occasional after hours events such as exhibit openings, special programs, etc.
All applicants must apply FOR THE SUMMER through the online WKU Handshake system https://app.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/7700792
All applicants must apply FOR THE FALL through the online WKU Handshake system https://app.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/7749398
*These student docent positions are available to enrolled WKU students only. If you are not a current WKU student, or an enrolled incoming freshman WKU student, you cannot be considered for this position.
Many of our former student workers have expressed what a marvelous resume builder being a Museum student docent was for them! Visit our WKU Student Docent page to learn more.
Questions? Please contact Lisa Williams at 270-745-2592.
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.