WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
Potter College of Arts & Letters
School of Journalism & Broadcasting
Director, School of Journalism & Broadcasting
Western Kentucky University's nationally recognized School of Journalism & Broadcasting seeks applicants for the position of School Director. The new Director will have a focus on local, national, and international journalism, will be able to engage an active alumni network, will work with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of disciplines, and will foster multi-disciplinary cooperation. Working with the School's 40-plus faculty, instructors and staff, the Director will provide the visionary leadership to maintain excellence and meet the challenges and opportunities presented by the evolving media landscape.
All candidates must demonstrate a vision for the future informed by a belief in the fundamentals of the profession, an understanding of the importance of journalism in the 21st century, and a commitment to the power of storytelling across multiple platforms. The School also prefers someone with a record of success in development, strategic partnerships, and industry collaboration.
For more information, visit our website at www.wku.edu/journalism
- An advanced degree in one of the School's disciplines.
- Strong professional and higher education experience.
- A record of scholarship and scholarly credentials appropriate for tenure and appointment at the rank of full professor.
- Management experience, including working with large budgets.
- A commitment to increasing diversity within the School and in the profession.
- A clear vision for promoting the School on a national and international platform.
- Prior teaching/instruction at the university level.
- A commitment to developing a graduate program in the School.