WKU BROADCASTING STUDENTS EARN MOST FIRST PLACE AP AWARDS IN RADIO, TELEVISION
Date: Monday, April 27th, 2015
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. -- WKU broadcast students won first place in three radio categories as well as six television categories – making them Kentucky’s winningest university for first place awards in the regional AP competition. Associated Press announced the winners Saturday in Lexington.
First Place Winners and Best in Show included:
- “Best in Show” for radio, Haddy Badjie, Banjul, Gambia
- Best College Radio Reporter, Haddy Badjie
- Best Feature Story First Place Haddy Badjie
- Best Public Affairs (Covered Diversity) : WWHR Platform Reports -- Producer: Jeremiah Khampadith, Louisville, Kentucky; Reporters: Haddy Badjie; Justin Faircloth, Cross Plains, Tennessee; Jelisa Chatman, Franklin, Tennessee; and Carina Chan, Hong Kong, China
- “Best in Show” for television, Daniel Blommel, Dayton, Ohio
- Best College Newscast Abby Blandford, Louisville, Kentucky
- Best College Television Reporter, Josh Holland, Nashville, Tennessee
- Best College Videographer Daniel Blommel
- Best News Story Sarah Hager, Durham, North Carolina and Dan Blommel
- Best Public Affairs – Cory McCauley, Cynthiana, Kentucky
- Best Sports Coverage, Daniel Blommel
WKU broadcast students also placed in several other categories for radio and television.
For more information, contact Victoria LaPoe at 270-745-2063.
Eighth Consecutive Year for Top Five Ranking
No Featured Articles for this category
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,