Microsoft Work at Home
Information Technology Services offers the Work At Home program to WKU faculty and staff as a part of our Microsoft EES Agreement. The Work At Home (WAH) program allows current faculty and staff to purchase at a discount, install, and use Microsoft Windows operating systems at home for work-related purposes. All WKU employees who use a personally-owned computer to work at home are eligible to purchase and run one (1) copy of their choice of Windows operating systems through this agreement.
The following software titles are available.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional upgrade (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 Professional upgrade (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional upgrade (32 & 64 bit)
- WAH rights are extended to all current faculty and staff.
- Work at Home rights do not extend to students.
- Only current employees are eligible for the Work At Home program. Retired and former employees are not eligible.
- An upgrade from Windows XP or Vista directly to Windows 8.1 is not possible. One first would need to upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8 and then move to Windows 8.1
This offer is effective as long as our EES Agreement is in place, and the licensed individual is employed by the University. Users will be required to remove the software from their home machine immediately if their employment with the WKU ends or the University opts to not renew our EES agreement.
Where to order
To order your copy of the Windows OS go to the WKU Software Center, click on the Personal tab, and then click on the Faculty/Staff link. There is a $9.75 charge for the download. You can also order a backup copy of the installation media for which there is a $13.95 charge. You are encouraged to either buy the Extended Access Guarantee for $4.95 which will ensure access to download it again should you need to reinstall your Operating System for a period of 24 months or to purchase a backup disk.