Technology Security Concerns with International Travel
International travel is a necessity for some WKU employees, but it represents a risk to the safety and security of your data and devices. These risks include loss, theft, exposure of sensitive information, compromised accounts, and more. This site brings together a collection of information to help you educate yourself and prepare for travel abroad.
WKU Resources for Travelers
WKU and Information Technology Services provide the following resources to assist you in securing your technology while traveling internationally:
- The WKU Technology Resource Center has laptops available to borrow for use in international or domestic travel.
Travel Tip Links
Please visit the following non-WKU sites for additional tips to secure your devices while traveling abroad:
- The FCC's Cybersecurity Tips for International Travelers
- The National Counterintelligence and Security Center's Travel Tips
- Security Magazine's Checklist: 24 Steps for Data Security While Traveling Abroad
- PC World's 9 Ways to Keep Your Mobile Devices Secure While Traveling
Related ITS Policies
The following ITS policies relate to international travel: