MyStuff "individual" file space is a file storage area available to all currently enrolled students and active employees (faculty and staff). All students, faculty and staff have been allocated up to 1GB of individual file space. This space is not shareable and is for use by the individual for academic or professional purposes. MyStuff file storage area can be accessed online anywhere, anytime. The online MyStuff web interface also allows some access to University shared file areas for Faculty and Staff only. Use of these shared areas is strictly limited to University business.
How safe is MyStuff?
You should always keep a copy of the files you store on MyStuff in another location like your PC hard drive, CD or thumb drive. ITS does a general backup of the entire MyStuff file area for all users. This backup is intended for disaster recovery purposes, not for individual files recovery. However, it may be possible to recover individual files and folders depending on the timing and age of the files. Contact the ITS Service Desk if you need to recover MyStuff files.
- Use of MyStuff file storage space is governed by the University's Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy. All users must read and abide by this policy.
- MyStuff file storage space is available to all currently enrolled students. Students who are no longer enrolled or graduate will lose access to MyStuff and the files and folders for such individuals will be deleted. It is the user's responsibility to copy or save any files or folders in MyStuff to another location prior to becoming ineligible for MyStuff access.
- MyStuff file storage is available to all active employees. Employees have access to both individual file share and University file share spaces.
- WKU is not responsible for files which are inadvertently deleted by a user from his/her individual MyStuff storage space. In some cases, files may be recoverable. Contact IT Help Desk in the event you need files recovered.
- Confidentiality -- files stored in MyStuff individual file space need to be considered confidential and treated securely. Users are prohibited from allowing others access to their MyStuff file space as this would require a user to share login credentials which is strictly prohibited.
- File Sharing -- in short, DO NOT share your "individual file" or "My Stuff" storage
area with anyone or use it to distribute files. To do so would require you to give
someone your login credentials which is prohibited.
There is a folder called "Shared Stuff" which some faculty and staff can see depending on their access rights in Active Directory. This "Shared Stuff" area is specifically setup for departmental and university file sharing in the course of University business.
- Legitimate Use -- MyStuff (or any University supplied file storage area) is intended to be used for storage of files and folders related to University Business.