- Security Home
- Security Staff
- Send Files Securely
- Safe Computing
- File Sharing
- WKU Phish Bowl
- International Travel
- IT Security Bulletin
- Annual HEOA Notice
- Security Awareness Training
- PCI at WKU
On this page:
- Technology Security Concerns with International Travel
- WKU Resources for Travelers
- Travel Tip Links
- Related IT Policies
International travel is a necessity for some WKU employees, but it represents a risk to the safety and security of your data and devices. These risks include loss, theft, exposure of sensitive information, compromised accounts, and more. This site brings together a collection of information to help you educate yourself and prepare for travel abroad.
WKU and the Information Technology Division provide the following resources to assist you in securing your technology while traveling internationally:
- The WKU Technology Resource Center has laptops available to borrow for use in international or domestic travel.
- The Communication Technologies department has published "Mobile Device Tips for International Travel."
- A video on international travel is available in IT's Security Awareness Training program.
Please visit the following non-WKU sites for additional tips to secure your devices while traveling abroad:
- The FCC's Cybersecurity Tips for International Travelers
- The National Counterintelligence and Security Center's Travel Tips
- Security Magazine's Checklist: 24 Steps for Data Security While Traveling Abroad
- PC World's 9 Ways to Keep Your Mobile Devices Secure While Traveling
The following IT policies relate to international travel:
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,