IT Division - MyStuff Help
- Use of MyStuff file storage space is governed by the University's Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy. All users must read and abide by this policy.
- MyStuff file storage space is available to all currently enrolled students. Students
who are no longer enrolled or graduate will lose access to MyStuff and the files and
folders for such individuals will be deleted. It is the user's responsibility to
copy or save any files or folders in MyStuff to another location prior to becoming
ineligible for MyStuff access.
- MyStuff file storage is available to all active employees. Employees have access
to both individual files space and University shared files space.
- WKU is not responsible for files which are inadvertently deleted by a user from his/her
individual MyStuff storage space. In some cases, files may be recoverable. Contact
IT Help Desk in the event you need files recovered.
- Confidentiality -- files stored in MyStuff individual file space need to be considered
confidential and treated securely. Users are prohibited from allowing others access
to their MyStuff file space as this would require a user to share login credentials
which is strictly prohibited.
- File Sharing -- in short, DO NOT share your "individual file" or "My Stuff" storage
area with anyone or use it to distribute files. To do so would require you to give
someone your login credentials which is prohibited.
There is a folder called "Shared Stuff" which some faculty and staff can see depending
on their access rights in Active Directory. This "Shared Stuff" area is specifically
setup for departmental and university file sharing in the course of University business.
- Legitimate Use -- MyStuff (or any University supplied file storage area) is intended
to be used for storage of files and folders related to University Business.