- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In order for international students to wire money from overseas to pay for their tuition and fees, Western Kentucky University (WKU) has partnered with peerTransfer to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition wire payments. peerTransfer’s mission is to save international students and their families money that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. In addition, the posting of the payment into your WKU account will be faster, and you will be notified via email when it is received.
Instructions on how to wire transfer your tuition
In order to complete this wire transfer, make sure to have your WKU student ID (800- __ __ - __ __ __ __) and a valid e-mail address. Please go to: wku.peertransfer.com/ to begin the payment process.
- To get started, select the country from which funds will be coming and the payment amount in U.S. Dollars you wish to make to your student bill/account
- In most cases, the U.S. Dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you
- After providing some additional basic information, you will book the transaction and then be instructed via email on how to pay peerTransfer from your home country bank account
- peerTransfer will then forward the U.S. Dollar amount to WKU where it will be directly credited to your student billing account
- You will receive an email to confirm receipt of payment
- At any time, you will have a dedicated customer service team reachable via chat, Skype, email and phone to answer any of your questions
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact WKU Bursar’s office at www.wku.edu/bursar
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,