Skip to main content
Skip to main content

International Student Office - Travel Guide



Information For


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Upcoming Events




WKU Safe Communities America Report






Travel outside the United States

When you travel outside the U.S. you will need a new Travel I-20 from ISO before you leave. Please ask for a travel I-20 AT LEAST 1 WEEK before you plan to leave.

Procedure to Request a Travel I-20:

  • Log into iStart with your Net ID & Password, Click on F-1 Student Services and Choose Travel I-20 Request
  • Fill out the e-form request, be sure to include your Visa Expiration Date and submit (Request at least 1 week
  • Your advisor will notify you via email when your new Travel I-20 is ready for you to come pick up

Regarding your visa, it is okay to remain in the U.S. if the F-1 visa has expired, as long as your I-20 and passport have not expired and you are otherwise maintaining your status. If DHS approved a change of status for you within the U.S., you will need to apply for an F-1 visa stamp while outside the U.S. in order to re-enter the country. Be sure to take your approval notice and documentation of your financial support.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/24/14