Skip to main content
Skip to main content

International Student Office - Taxes



Information For


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 Upcoming Events




WKU Safe Communities America Report






Filing Federal Taxes

If you earned any income from employment, an assistantship or interest on a U.S. savings account in the 2012 calendar year (January-December 2012), you are REQUIRED to file a U.S. Income Tax Return with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You must also file a separate form with the Kentucky Revenue Cabinet. These tax filings must be postmarked NO LATER THAN April 15, 2013. And the good news-you may get money back from both of these agencies if any money was withheld from your paychecks to cover taxes.

Each year, ISO purchases access to an on-line Non-resident Alien tax service, GLACIER Tax Prep, and is offering this service free to WKU international students, faculty, and staff. Please read the instructions below to access GLACIER Tax Prep for filing your federal taxes.

Instructions to Access GLACIER Tax Prep:

  • Log into your iStart Account at this link: iStart
  • Login into the Full Client Services Box on the left
  • Once you are in iStart, click on Insurance and Finances
  • Then click on the bottom GLACIER Tax Prep Tax Preparation link
  • At the bottom of this page, click on Access GLACIER Tax Prep

Instructions For Using GLACIER Tax Prep

Kentucky State Taxes

(for students who received W-2 forms showing work done in 2012)

Here are your options for successful filing:

Option 1: Our office recommends that you visit the Kentucky Revenue Taxpayer Service Center here in Bowling Green. Representatives there will provide you with the appropriate Kentucky Income Tax forms and help you fill them out. This is a free service. You MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT by PHONE as they DO NOT take walk-ins. You MUST bring a copy of your federal income tax return and your immigration documents with you when you go.

Bowling Green Service Center
201 West Professional Park Court
Bowling Green, KY 42104-3278
|Phone: (270) 746-7470 (call to make appointment–no walk-ins)
Hours: 8:00 – 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday

You may also contact the Kentucky Revenue Service for assistance at        (502) 564-4581.

Option 2: If you prefer to download and fill out the forms yourself, visit the Kentucky Revenue Cabinet's website .



Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/25/14