Big Red Restart Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions, please use the chat form in the bottom right corner.
This chat will be available during our normal operating hours: M-F 8AM - 4PM
International Student FAQs:
The safety and health of the WKU community is a top priority during this time. View the university's operations for health and safety HERE.
We regret that we cannot assist with VISA arrangements. While we look forward to welcoming you to Bowling Green, if you do not have a visa appointment yet, it may be best for you to study with us from your home (on-line) for Fall 2020.
Appropriate face masks include a cloth face covering or appropriate paper mask that covers both the nose and mouth. These coverings are required:
- At all times when in public areas or shared spaces within buildings, including hallways and classrooms
- Outdoors when near others where social distancing of at least six feet cannot be maintained
- When in a vehicle with other persons, including cars, vans and buses
There are situations where a face mask is not required or cannot be worn due to the type of activity or factors related to the environment. Examples include:
- While eating or drinking
- While in your residence hall room or alone inside a university office
- In environments where hazards exist that create a greater risk by wearing a mask (engineering bays, biology research & instructional labs, etc.)
- Performing physical exertion, such as manual labor, running and athletics training
- Outdoors with more than six feet continuous separation between all people or there is only brief contact such as passing a person on the sidewalk
- Other physical limitations or conditions that preclude an individual from wearing a face mask
In all cases where a mask cannot be worn and social distancing cannot be maintained, alternative methods must be utilized to limit potential transmission of COVID-19. Specific guidance for the personal protective actions noted in this section will be included in a formal procedure document - WKU EHS-20-002 Personal Protective Measure for COVID-19.
Learn more about WKU's health and safety guides HERE.
For Fall 2020, we will only offer two courses, which will be online:
Returning IPAS students should contact email@example.com
Undergraduate students (bachelors degree-seeking) are full-time enrolled when they have 12 or more credit hours.
Graduate students (masters or doctorate degree-seeking) students must carry a minimum of 9 credit hours for full-time enrollment.
If you are inside the U.S. you cannot be enrolled in all online courses. You must take some in-person or hybrid courses.
WKU offers in-person studies, hybrid/hyFlex courses, and online courses in the Fall 2020 semester. Please log in to our online orientation program to have us help guide you.
Please be sure to schedule a one-on-one advising appointment to help you determine the best course of action for your situation.
While we look forward to welcoming you in Bowling Green, if you do not have a visa appointment yet, it may be best for you to study with us from your home (online) for Fall 2020.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.