General Advising Information
It is important for you to review your iCAP - What is an iCAP Audit
? iCAP is an acronym for interactive Curriculum and Academic Progress. An iCAP Audit
show all the requirements needed to fulfill all of your degree requirements for WKU,
including: GPA, major/minor, general education/colonnade, and university requirements.
Students may also run "What-If" audits to compare current coursework to other majors.
for a Step by Step Guide.
General Education or Colonnade?
Enrolled Prior to Fall 2014: General Education Requirements
Enrolled Fall 2014 and On: Colonnade Plan Requirements
Additional information about general education requirements can be found here.
You do not have to see an advisor to register for summer courses.
More information about registering for summer can be found here.
Schedule An Advising Appointment on TopNet
NOTE: Summer appointments are made via email, not via TopNet. Please email me if you
need an appointment this summer.
You can schedule an appointment to see your advisor via Topnet and directions/video
for that can be found here, and below.
- Log into TopNet
- Click "Student Services"
- Select "Registration"
- Choose "Schedule an Advising Appointment" at the bottom of the page
- Click "Schedule an Appointment"
- You will be prompted to select a term from the drop down box. Select carefully - remember that you are making an appointment
for the semester you are currently in, NOT the semester which you would like to discuss.
For example, if you want an appointment in October select Fall.
- The next drop down box will have a list of your assigned advisors from which to choose.
- After you have selected an advisor, the next screen will come up with their monthly
view of the advisor's available times. You can navigate through the months by using
the arrows on the left hand side of the screen. Each day that the advisor has availability
will have a green box telling you how many time slots the advisor has available. Click on the day that you want the appointment.
- On the next screen, choose the time you want to make the appointment.
- You can also choose a reason for the meeting, add notes to your advisor, and/or add
a phone number. Press submit to complete your appointment reservation.