Homecoming This Saturday
|Date: Thursday, October 24th, 2013||Return|
WKU will host Troy in the 2013 Homecoming game on Saturday, October 26, 2013. Kick-off is at 3:00 p.m. with tailgating festivities beginning at 8:00 AM. Tailgating areas close 30 minutes prior to start of the game. For a detailed tailgating map, please click HERE.
Shuttle service from the Alumni Square Garage will be provided beginning at 1:00 PM.
Several parking lots will be reserved for event parking. These lots will close Friday evening at 10:00 p.m. and must be cleared by 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning:
- All parking lots surrounding Diddle Arena
- Parking Structure 2 (PS2)
- South Lawn
- Parking spaces along Avenue of Champions down to University Blvd.
- McCormack Lot
- A portion of the Gated Regents Lot
- Nick Denes Field
Vehicles remaining in reserved areas are subject to a $35 fine and relocation.
Disability and RV Parking
- Disability parking is provided in the Jones Jaggers Lot. Shuttle service begins at 1:00 PM and runs continuously throughout the game.
- RV Parking will be provided in the Service Supply Lot on a first come, first served basis beginning at 6:00 PM on Friday. Unused parking will open at 2:00 PM for general parking.
Road Closings and Traffic Control
In addition, roads will close prior to the game and post-game event traffic will be controlled by police officers at key intersections.
- Beginning at 10:00 AM or when all public tailgating spots are full:
- College Heights Blvd. will be closed between Colonnade Drive and University Blvd. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders and tailgating season pass holders.
- Beginning at 8:30 AM
- Avenue of Champions will be closed at College Heights Blvd. Access will be restricted to HAF permit holders.
- Following the game, while traffic is exiting campus, traffic will not be allowed onto campus. Traffic will be controlled at the following intersections:
- University Blvd and 31W
- University Blvd and Normal Street
- University Blvd and Russellville Rd
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 2
- University Blvd and Parking Structure 1
- University Blvd and Old Morgantown Road
- Russellville Road and Morgantown Road
To see a map of the reserved parking lots and road closings, click HERE. As we implement the event parking and traffic control plan, your cooperation is appreciated. For a post-event traffic map, click HERE.
Learn how your sleep and sleep habits can decrease your health and raise your health risks!
Many of us drive on a daily basis. Find out the stats on how many people are driving drowsy and why it is important to get enough rest.
Learn about burning fat and whether or not you can control where you lose it!
How does one ditch a dependence on soda? Here are five tips for kicking your soda habit for good.
Are artificial sweeteners used in soft drinks and foods safe? Will they make us fat? How much is too much? Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but researchers have some clues.
Speed Limit Reduced on Normal and State Streets