This site provides information regarding the Anthem Security Breach incident first reported by Anthem on Feb 4, 2015. WKU is providing information on this site in an effort to keep the University community informed on the incident. WKU has no control over any of the processes/procedures recommended in the articles and resources provided on this site. This information is provided for your use and consideration as desired.
Resources and Information
Anthem recommends that members regularly review statements from their accounts and periodically obtain credit report from one or more of the national credit reporting companies. Members may obtain a free copy of your credit report online at www.annualcreditreport.com, by calling toll-free 1-877-322-8228, or by mailing an Annual Credit Report Request Form (available at www.annualcreditreport.com) to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA, 30348-5281.
As a precautionary step, members may wish to place a fraud alert on their credit file. A fraud alert tells creditors to contact you before they open any new accounts or change existing accounts. Members can call any one of the three major credit bureaus listed below. As soon as one credit bureau confirms a fraud alert, the others are notified to place fraud alerts. All three credit reports will be sent to the member, free of charge, for review.
- Equifax 800-525-6285 http://www.equifax.com/home/en_us
- Experian 888-397-3742 http://www.experian.com/
- TransUnionCorp 800-680-7289 http://www.transunion.com/
Other Helpful links:
- Anthem dedicated information webpage: http://www.anthemfacts.com/
- Frequently Asked Questions Link: http://www.anthemfacts.com/faq
- Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/
- Place an initial fraud alert on your credit report: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0275-place-fraud-alert
- NBC News Article – "Anthem Breach – What Should I Do Right Now?" NBC News Article
- IndyStar News Article – "Anthem Data Breach – Act Now to Protect Yourself" IndyStar News Article
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,