Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Termination Fee

Termination Fee

The Housing Agreement is for the full academic year. If the contract is broken before the end of the contract period and you remain a full-time student, you will be assessed a $750 termination fee, forfeit your deposit, and pay any applicable housing fees.

How To Complete a Contract Termination Request

  1. Visit the online Housing Portal at 
  2. Choose "Request an Exemption / Contract Termination" from the top menu 
  3. Select the term you are requesting an exemption for
  4. Select "I am applying for a contract termination" or "I am applying for a contract termination and exemption from the required housing policy" at the bottom of the page, depending on your circumstance. 
  5.  Follow the prompts and provide any information or documentation requested.
  6. Select "Save & Continue"

Requests will be reviewed within 10 business days of a complete application being submitted.   An email will be sent to the student's WKU email address when the status has been updated.


Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 8/24/18