The Honors College Application for Admission includes several components. Each are listed below with specific information and tips to complete the application.
Validation of Academic Information
This application displays a portion of the academic information that you completed for the general application to WKU. The Honors College Admission Committee will review additional academic information (such as ACT/SAT, class rank, AP, IB, dual credit or college coursework) accessed through your general application to WKU and transcripts previously submitted to the Office of Admission.
- Validate the information displayed by clicking Save and Continue.
- If any information displayed is incorrect, contact the WKU Office of Admission at 270-745-2551 BEFORE submitting the application.
The Honors College seeks applicants with a variety of interests and experiences, evaluating applicants in five areas: Extracurricular Activities, Volunteer Services, Honors and Awards, International Experiences, and Work Experience.
- Summarize your activities, experiences, and awards. Maximum of 10 responses per component.
- Limit your responses to activities and awards completed within the past four years. If you were involved in more than 10 activities, list only those you feel are the most relevant and significant experiences.
- If you choose not to list any activities, simply return to the main menu. These five components are not required. You may complete as many or as few as you choose.
- Each completed component requires a start and end date. If you do not know the day, list the first or last day of the month.
Answer the following short answer questions.
- In a world where the Pope and the President tweet, social media has become ingrained in our society. In 140 characters, how would you describe yourself? Be creative. Hashtags welcome.
- What five words best define you?
Discuss two (2) of the following essay topics succinctly but with enough detail for the selection committee to fully evaluate your writing ability (250 - 500 words; 4,000 characters max, including spaces and punctuation for each essay). It is recommended that you write and edit your essays in a word processor and paste them into the appropriate text boxes due to the inactivity timeout.
- You are looking through a window at a scene that is special to you. What are you seeing and why is it meaningful to you?
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Who gave it to you, and what was the outcome? Describe when you might give the same advice.
- Imagine that you are responsible for making admission decisions for the Honors College at WKU. What question do you believe applicants should be asked, and how would you respond?
- You have just submitted your autobiography to be published. Tell us what is on the second to last page.
Please submit two (2) letters of recommendation:
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Mail: Honors College at WKU
1906 College Heights Blvd. #31082
Bowling Green, KY 42101
* Recommendations should be from a teacher, an employer, a coach, a community leader, or someone else of that nature. The letters should not be from a family member.
- Inactivity Timeout. The online application will timeout after 10 minutes of inactivity. Take time to review the application components on our website before starting the application.
- Saving Your Work. While working on the application, you may save your work and return to the application later by clicking the Save and Continue button in any of the seven components and logging-out. When you log-in, select the application that is In Progress to continue your work.
- Submitting the Application. Do not click Submit until you are ready to submit the application. Once you have clicked Submit, your application may not be changed online. Any necessary changes to your application must be made in writing to the Honors College at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Honors College at WKU, Attn: Honors Admissions, 1906 College Heights Blvd., Bowling Green, KY, 42101.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,