Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Mahurin Honors College at WKU



Honors Travel Abroad Grant

All Honors students are eligible to apply for this scholarship offered each term by the Honors College. The maximum amount of money available varies by length of trip:

  • Summer or Winter programs: $500
  • Semester programs: $1,000
  • Full Year programs: $1,500


There are two TAG deadlines per year, usually in the second month of each semester. The specific deadline will be posted on the Honors College website and emailed to you at the beginning of each semester.

How to Apply

To apply for a TAG, you must fill out the online Travel Abroad Grant application. A faculty letter of recommendation is also required and can be submitted electronically. As you fill out the online form, you will be asked to supply an email address for your faculty reference. The Honors College at WKU will send the online recommendation form directly to your supplied faculty member.


WorldTopper Scholarship

The WorldTopper scholarship is offered by the Study Abroad and Global Learning Office at WKU. The awards range from $200 to $500.


For winter and spring programs, the deadline is October 15. For summer and fall programs, the deadline is the Wednesday after spring break.


How to Apply

There are four components that must be submitted to the Study Abroad Office (Grise Hall, room 128):

  • One-page application form
  • Statement of purpose (500 words or less)
  • Complete a FAFSA
  • WKU faculty member evaluation

To go over the details and apply, visit the WKU Study Abroad website.


Student Government Association Scholarship

The Student Government Association offers a maximum of $100 per credit hour, and a total maximum of $600 per trip.


The deadlines vary each semester, so visit SGA's website or contact them at to find out when to turn in your application.

How to Apply

An application and faculty recommendation must be submitted to the SGA office in DUC 130 or e-mailed to Applications under consideration may be contacted to schedule an interview with SGA representatives. To find the form and read more details, visit the SGA website.


Office of Scholar Development

For long-term scholarships such as the Fullbright scholarship or the Gillman scholarship, visit the Office of Scholar Development's website to make an appointment and find out what will work best for you.


Departmental Scholarships

Most departments offer specific scholarships for their students. Check out what your department offers you on the financial aid website.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 4/12/17