The priority deadline for high school seniors is December 1.
All applications must be received by 11:59pm Central Time on December 1 for Cherry Presidential Scholarship consideration and Mahurin Honors College priority admission consideration.
The Mahurin Honors College Application for Admission includes several components. Each are listed below with specific information and tips to complete the application. If you are ready to begin your online application, please click here.
This application displays a portion of the personal and academic information that you completed for the general application to WKU.
- Validate the information displayed by clicking Save and Continue.
- If any information displayed is incorrect, contact the WKU Office of Admission at 270-745-2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an update before submitting the application.
Discuss two (2) of the following essay topics succinctly but with enough detail for the selection committee to fully evaluate your writing ability (4,000 characters max, including spaces and punctuation for each essay). It is recommended that you write and edit your essays in a word processor and paste them into the appropriate text boxes due to the inactivity timeout.
This is not your AP English essay. This isn't your Activities Summary portion of this
application; this is your writing portion. So, write us something creative, and write
it about you. Don't take these questions literally, or do, the choice is yours! Get
down to the meat. Who are you? What do you believe? Tell us about your dreams, your
crazy Aunt Martha, or your job scooping ice cream last summer. Who do you dream of
meeting? Ever wanted to jam out with Bob Marley? Great! We want to know! Be real and
authentic. We're in the business to make you successful people. How do you want us
to do that? Think outside the box. We give you permission.
1. "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it." - Oscar Wilde
What is your tragedy?
2. Tell us about a location, real or fictional, that has shaped you in a meaningful way. Explain the impact this place has had on your life.
3. Compose a listicle that says something about who you are.
4. College is a time for exploration and growth. What are you still figuring out?
5. Create your own essay prompt! Give us a prompt, any prompt you want, and write about it. Please refrain from using Common App or other existing prompts.
The Mahurin Honors College seeks applicants with a variety of interests and experiences, evaluating applicants in four areas: Activities, Volunteer Services, Honors and Awards, and Work Experiences.
- Summarize your activities, experiences, and awards. Maximum of 10 responses per component.
- Limit your responses to activities and awards completed within the past four years. If you were involved in more than 10 activities, list only those you feel are the most relevant and significant experiences.
- If you choose not to list any activities, simply return to the main menu. These components are not required. You may complete as many or as few as you choose.