Facebook Pixel Honors Credit | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

Honors Credit

Honors credit is traditionally earned through completing stand-alone Honors courses. Such courses may include:

  • Honors General Education courses (i.e. Honors English 200 or Honors Biology 120)
  • Honors courses in your major or minor
  • Honors electives
  • Honors Colloquia (HON 251, HON 300, HON 301)
  • Honors University Experience (HON 175)
  • Honors Internship (HON 275)
  • Honors Research or Thesis (HON 303, HON 402, HON 403, HON 404)


Honors credit may also be earned through:

Honors Augmentation Contract (HACs)

Augmentation is a contract between you and your professor to earn Honors credit from a non-Honors upper-division course in your major or minor. The augmentation form must be completed and turned in before the deadline set every semester.


Honors Enriched Embedded Courses (HEECs)

A HEEC is a small Honors section of an upper-division course that meets at the same time as the non-Honors section but has additional opportunities and responsibilities.


Study Abroad Honors Credit

Honors credit can be received after a semester or year abroad using the study abroad credit form.

Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 7/21/20