Hours of Operation
August 21st-December 8th
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
8:00 am- 4:30 pm
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Health Services Building, Rm 1074
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11033
Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Do I need to be in a specific major to be in TopperWell?
- No, all majors and minors are welcome to join and can benefit from being in this program. Both undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to join.
- What are the requirements to be in TopperWell?
- It is important to be enrolled as a student at WKU, have no significant Code of Conduct violations, be able to commit for a minimum of 1 year (Fall/Spring or Spring/Fall), and have an interest in health.
- Who should apply?
- Students who wish to make a positive impact on the well-being of the WKU community. Applicants should have the ability to work as a team, be open-minded, a role model to others, have fun, nonjudgmental, and have time management skills. Anyone creative and/or interested in promoting health and wellness to their peers on campus are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions, please contact the Health Education and Promotion department, located in the Health Services building on campus.
- What are the benefits to being in TopperWell?
- Your experience in TopperWell could be one of the highlights of your college career.
The skills and knowledge you gain will be useful in your future career and life.
From joining you will gain:
- Professional work experience, ways to build your resume, and make connections with the university
- Development in communication, leadership and organizational skills
- Increased practice in public speaking and in creative promotion skills
- Knowledge about up-to-date information and resources in areas of health and wellness (i.e. Stress Management, Nutrition, STI's, Alcohol, Tobacco, etc.)
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Receive a t-shirt, incentives, and a chance to earn WellU scholarships and prizes
- Be a mentor to other students on campus
- Have fun!
- What will I have to do as a member?
- Members are required to attend the weekly meetings and the training retreat. You will also be able to help with outreach, volunteer with campus events, assist with programs, learn how to communicate with your peers, and give presentations as needed. A $25 annual new membership fee and a $15 for continuing members is a prerequisite once a year.
- What is involved in the Training Retreat?
- The training will be a one-day event (date TBD) covering the most frequently addressed health topics we present on throughout the academic year. This is an opportunity for members to get to know each other better and gain information about topics that are affecting the collage age population..
- What are some of the TopperWell's programs?
- TopperWell plans programs according to the recommendations by the BACCHUS Network, Healthy Campus 2020, and the WKU Spring 2016 National College Health Assessment. Some of the programs that TopperWell predominately takes part in include Grocery Bingo, Well-being Challenges, Stall Street Journal, Free HIV Testing, and WellU. Other events include Healthy Days (Student Heath Fair), Valleypalooza, and various outreach programs.
- What is BACCHUS Network?
- The BACCHUS Initiatives of NASPA supports collegiate peer educators and advisors by empowering students and student affairs administrators to create campus environments which are healthy and safe.
- What is TopperWell Spotlight?
- This is a section in the Stall Street Journal to highlight member achievements and program successes.
- How does the application process work?
- 1. Apply Online or request a paper copy from the Health Education & Promotion department in the Health
Services building, room 1074.
2. Complete the application.
3. Click "Submit" for the online application or give the paper copy to the Advisor, rm 1074 in the Health Services bldg, message WKU TopperWell Facebook page, or email to email@example.com.
4. WKU Health Health Education & Promotion office will contact qualified applicants to schedule personal interviews.
5. Candidates will be selected and notified following all interviews.
- When is the application due?
- We accept applications all year round. However, applications are typically reviewed during September, and February for the upcoming semester.
- Why is there a membership fee?
- The annual membership fee is $25 for new members, and $15 for continuing members. The fee is essential to offset the cost of attire, food, travel,& etc all for the members in the club.
- When and where are the meetings?
- Meetings are held in the Health Services building - Training room on Thursdays at 5:30 pm. More specific dates will be announced once you become a member of TopperWell !
- How do I learn more?
For more information, attend our "Interest Meeting" where you can meet other TopperWell members, learn more of what TopperWell does, the opportunities you could gain, ask any questions you may have, etc. Keep an eye out for the date and time on the HEP calendar.
Be sure to check out and send us a message on our TopperWell Facebook Page!
If you have additional questions that were not answered above, please feel free to contact our email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,