Nexplanon is a soft and flexible implantable hormonal contraceptive that is inserted in a discreet location in the inner, upper arm. It is small, thin and effective for up to three years. Nexplanon is a progestin-only method contraceptive.
What does Nexplanon look like?
It consists of a thin rod, 40 mm in length and 2mm in diameter -- about the size of a cardboard matchstick.
How is Nexplanon inserted?
It is made from a flexible plastic and is inserted under the skin in the arm. Insertion requires a local anesthetic and takes only a few minutes. The implant can be removed anytime before the 3 years are up. Nexplanon does not contain latex or silicone and will not dissolve, so it must be removed.
Why should I chose Nexplanon?
It is effective, discreet, long-acting and convenient.
- Nexplanon is more than 99% effective: the chance of getting pregnant is less than 1 pregnancy per 100 women who use Nexplanon for 1 year when Nexplanon is inserted correctly.
- Most women cannot see Nexplanon after insertion.
- One Nexplanon provides up to 3 full years of contraceptive protection.
- Convenient and hassle free -- once inserted , you don't have to worry about anything.
- Due to low and steady hormone delivery, Nexplanon has fewer hormonal ups and downs than daily or weekly birth control methods.
Is Nexplanon right for me?
Nexplanon is covered by many insurance plans, but coverage varies from one plan to the next depending on your insurance benefits package. There are a few steps you must take before knowing if Nexplanon is a covered medial benefit. For details visit the Nexplanon website.
How can I get Nexplanon?
To find a trained health care provider near you, please visit the Nexplanon website of contact your primary care physician (PCP) or GYN doctor.
For additional information about Nexplanon please visit: http://www.nexplanon-usa.com/en/consumer/index.asp
If you would like to schedule an appointment for Nexplanon please call (270) 745-5641.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,