COVID Safety Procedures
What you do for us...
- You wear masks at all times inside the planetarium
- You keep six feet away from others
- When you arrive, you notify our presenter and provide a phone number for your group and the names of all persons in your group (for contact tracing)
- You will gather before a show outside, under the nearby overhang, rather than inside the planetarium
- You accept that we may reach capacity and have to ask you to return on another day
- You agree to be assigned seats by the presenter
What we do for you...
- We will remove any guests refusing to wear masks, except for children aged 4 and under
- We disinfect all likely-touched surfaces before, and all seats after, a show
- We provide hand sanitizer at the entrance, and recommend that you use it
- We keep the capacity low enough that all guests can sit at a 6-foot margin from other guests
- We keep names and phone numbers of guests, for contact tracing, should that be needed
- We train all volunteers in new procedures
- All planetarium staff and volunteers must pass a fever check to enter the building
1) Along State Street
2) Two spots in the lot between Ogden College Hall and Kelly Thompson Hall
3) College Hill Lot, up College Heights Blvd. on the right
4) Chestnut Street North Lot, at the corner of Chestnut and 14th Ave, two blocks from the Planetarium
Wheelchair Accessibility: A ramp from State St. provides access to the building's main floor. The below lots are only available on weekends or after 4:30 PM.
1) Two spots in a tiny lot behind the building, at the end of a driveway from State St. That lot is lower than the building, so it is an uphill climb.
2) Three spots in the lot between Ogden College Hall and Kelly Thompson Hall.
3) The large parking lots on top of College Heights Blvd. The path from there is down hill.
Many of our guests prefer to be notified of our events. You can sign up below or at the planetarium.