Eligibility for VAMPY:
In order to apply for VAMPY, students must:
- Be completing grade 7, 8, 9 or 10 in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Have been eligible for a talent search (for example, the Duke Talent Identification Program) in 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018.
- Have earned qualifying SAT or ACT scores as a 7th grader or adjusted scores for an older student. Score reports must accompany the application.
- Meet eligibility for the specific course you request (please see the course list for requirements).
Application Submission (applications available in spring 2018)
- The application must be completed and signed by the student and by the parent or guardian.
- A photocopy of the student’s SAT or ACT report must be submitted with the application.
- A deposit of $300 must be included with the completed application. Make checks payable to The Center for Gifted Studies. This deposit will not be refunded once the student has been accepted.
- Applications will be accepted in the order they are received.
- Additional information will be sent prior to a student’s arrival.
Limited financial assistance is available to students on the basis of need; applications are available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. VAMPY applications must be submitted prior to applying for financial assistance. Deadline May 1, 2018.
Selection and Course Assignments
Students enroll in one class from the class choices for the year. Courses are decided on a first-come, first-served basis as class sizes will be limited. Classes meet for six hours of instruction each weekday and one hour of study hall each evening when there will be class the next day. Teachers are WKU professors and other experienced educators who are interested in teaching academically talented students.