In order to apply for SCATS, students must:
- Be nominated by a teacher, a counselor, or a principal
- Be completing grade 6, 7, or 8
- Show high interest/achievement in one or more content areas
In addition, students must:
- Be eligible for services as a gifted child OR
- Have an IQ score of 125 or above OR
- Have a score at or above the 90th percentile on the total battery OR
- Have a score at or above the 95th percentile on the total mathematics or language arts/reading section of the most recent achievement test OR
- Have scored at the distinguished level on performance assessment measures
- The application must be completed and signed by the student, parent or guardian, and the nominating school official.
- A deposit of $200 must be included with the completed application. Make checks payable to The Center for Gifted Studies. This deposit will not be refunded once you have been accepted. The balance is due by May 30.
- Applications will be accepted in the order they are received.
- You will be sent additional information, including a course list selection form, approximately two weeks prior to arrival.
Limited financial assistance is available to students on the basis of need; applications are available upon request by calling our office at 270-745-6323. SCATS applications must be submitted prior to applying for financial assistance. Deadline May 1, 2018