Program Applications & Registration
Contact The Center
1906 College Heights Blvd. #71031
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1031
Partners in Gifted Education
Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (housed at The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU)
World Council for Gifted & Talented Children (housed at The Center for Gifted Studies at WKU)
Duke TIP Kentucky Recognition Ceremony
The Center for Gifted Studies is proud to host the Kentucky Recognition Ceremony for the Duke Talent Identification Program.
The Duke University Talent Identification Program is a nonprofit educational organization founded in 1980 and is a major leader in identifying academically talented students and providing innovative programs to support the optimal development of their educational potential.
Western Kentucky University has hosted the Kentucky Recognition Ceremony for Duke's Talent Identification Program since 1982. Each May, some of the most academically talented seventh graders in the Commonwealth are honored at WKU. These students took the ACT or SAT and earned qualifying scores.
The Center would like to thank the Teachers Insurance Annuity Association - College Retirement Equities Fund and the Kentucky Education Saving Plan Trust administered by the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority for their sponsorship of the Duke TIP Kentucky Recognition Ceremony.
More information on the Duke Talent Identification program can be found at their website.
The next Duke TIP Recognition Ceremony will be on May 23, 2018.
Program for May 19, 2017
11:00 a.m. (CDT) Informational Session on WKU's summer residential programs for gifted students - Mass Media and Technology Hall Auditorium (MMTH 166)
12:30 p.m. (CDT) Campus Tour – meet at the Preston Center
2:00 p.m. (CDT) Duke TIP Recognition Ceremony – Diddle Arena
Reception to follow
Directions to WKU's Main Campus
Directions from North or South I-65:
- Take Exit 26 off of Interstate 65.
- Turn toward Bowling Green onto Cemetery Road.
- Continue straight for three miles. Cemetery Road becomes Fairview Avenue.
- Continue going straight across 31-W Bypass.
- Turn left onto Adams Street/Highway 68.
- Continue on Adams Street through four traffic lights. (Adams Street becomes University Blvd.)
- On your left you will see Parking Structure #1, Diddle Arena and Parking Structure #2.
- Turn left into Parking Structure #2.
Directions from the Natcher Parkway:
- Take the Natcher Parkway South to Exit 9.
- At the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto US 231 (Morgantown Road).
- Follow US 231 until it connects to Business 68 (Russellville Road).
- Turn left on US 231/68.
- Turn left at the first light (University Boulevard).
- Turn right into Parking Structure #2.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,