Math Placement Exam (MPE) Testing Process & Locations
Testing Process & Locations
Entering Freshmen: MPE is to be taken at least four days before attending the Topper Orientation (TOP). For directions to take the MPE, go to https://www.wku.edu/top/exams.php.
Returning Student/Transfer Student: MPE must be taken in a proctored testing center.
Main Campus students can take/retake the MPE at the Math Testing
Center is College High Hall in room 2126 on floor 2R. To schedule an
appointment go to wku.edu/mathtesting. Call 270-745-2141 if you have
Off-site Testing requests can be made by following the directions below to
find an off-site testing center:
- Go to https://www.wku.edu/testing/
- Choose 'For Test-Takers'
- Scroll down to 'Register for an exam at another location' and choose 'Find an Off-site Testing Location'.
- Choose 'Sites in the United States'.
- Click on the state or on 'click here to search by zip code or address.'
- Scroll through the list of testing centers and contact the one most convenient for you.
- Have the coordinator of that testing center contact Jill Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-745-2141 with the date and time of your appointment, and she will send that coordinator the directions for accessing the WKU Math Placement Exam.
Practice Exams are available: http://www.wku.edu/math/mpe.php
Explanation of retake policy (NOTE: The retake does not change the original test expiration date). If the first MPE was completed on January 1, 2019, then the expiration date is January 1, 2020. The student is allowed one retake during this period, but the expiration date is still January 1, 2020. The student needs to enroll or successfully complete the general education math requirement during the above time period or they will not be allowed to enroll in a math course until the MPE is completed again.