Math Placement Exam (MPE) Testing Process & Locations
Math Placement Exam (MPE) Testing Process
You do not need to take the MPE-Algebra if your major requires Math 109 – General Math or if you look at your transcript in WKU TopNet and see that you have credit for Math 116, Math 117, Math 136 or higher.
Virtual MPE Testing requests can be made by following the directions below:
- Go to wku.edu/mathtesting.
- Choose 'Make a Testing Appointment'.
- Create an account and then choose the day and time that you want to test.
- A day or two prior to your testing appointment you will receive an email with specific directions for taking the MPE and with the Zoom link.
- Contact Jill Price at email@example.com or 270-745-2141 if you have any questions concerning the Math Placement Exam.
Sample Math Placement Exams are available at: http://www.wku.edu/math/mpe.php.
Explanation of retake policy (NOTE: The retake does not change the original test expiration date). If the first MPE was completed on January 1, 2019, then the expiration date is January 1, 2020. The student is allowed one retake during this period, but the expiration date is still January 1, 2020. The student needs to enroll or successfully complete the general education math requirement during the above time period or they will not be allowed to enroll in a math course until the MPE is completed again.