PMBA - Business and Culture of Spain
An educational experience for graduate students in the Professional MBA program in the Gordon Ford College of Business.
Students learn about business environment in the European community generally and Spain specifically. Students tour Spanish enterprises, interact with business leaders, and learn about "clusters" (private and public cooperative organizations).
- Independent travel day to explore Lyon or another city in the region
- Live and study in Lyon
- Potential to work with International MBA students and/or graduates
This immersive experience should increase the cultural sophistication of students and add to their skills as leaders.
- PEOPLE - To learn about both differences and similarities between the (or other nation) and Americans.
- BUSINESS - To learn about both differences and similarities between the people of Spain (or other nation) and the US in terms of how they operate, and view, their businesses.
- TAKE-AWAY IDEAS FOR INNOVATION - To identify the ideas, innovations, and applications observed in Spain (or other nation) which might lead to innovations and opportunities for doing business in the US.
- INSIGHT TO IMPROVE YOUR INTERNATIONAL SKILLS - To identify insights which could lead to an improved ability for the student to work and collaborate with people and businesses originating from outside the US. This could include working here with individuals who are from foreign countries and/or working on an international assignment or trip themselves.
- BA 580 (1 Credit Hour) - Contemporary Issues in Business: Business and Culture of France
- Prerequisites: BA 510, Advanced Organizational Behavior. The 1 credit hour course (BA 58) serves as an elective in the MBA program.
- This course is only open to PMBA students.
- Dr. Bob Hatfield
- Dr. Michelle Trawick
- Spring 2018
March 10 - 18, 2018
- International airfare not included.
- See Program Details for package at the Apply Now link
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,